There are 8 rules that any small business must follow in order to maintain a happy workforce.
- A passionate vision and clear mission that all employees have taken ownership of.
- A well defined chain of authority and corporate flow chart.
- A hire from within policy, allowing employees the chance to advance.
- An analysis of actual income and expense items to budgets on a quarterly basis so that unexpected events are proactively handled.
- An active line of credit and minimal savings threshold capable of keeping the company afloat for 6 months in case of emergency.
- Adequate lighting and a suitable work space that encourages positive mental attitudes.
- Well laid out job descriptions against which performance is evaluated every 6 months so that there is accountability and opportunity to actively listen.
- A management team that leads by example.